The following rules of ethics and conduct are
intended to guide your participation in Women Helping Women™ (WHW).
Violations of this code are treated as inconsistent with membership in
WHW exists for the purpose of supporting, assisting, and empowering
women in the entertainment industry and for the mutual benefit,
education, support, mentoring, networking, collaboration, work
opportunities, and general career advancement of its members.
To provide a professional environment that allows WHW members at all
levels to network, share contacts, build relationships, forge
partnerships, hire from within, bond, collaborate, brainstorm, inspire,
mentor, empower, support, and most of all, reach back to mentor and
assist others in realizing their highest potential.
All WHW members are therefore encouraged to be a resource in the WHW
community and shall subscribe to the following prior to approval of
• WHW members shall support and empower one
another, and whenever in a position to do so, consider, work, or
collaborate with, hire, cast and
involve qualified members from within the WHW network in their projects.
WHW members, while reaching up to pursue their goals, shall also reach
out and commit to mentor at least one other member for a period of not
less than fifteen (15) hours of every year that their membership is
• WHW members shall assist fellow members, share knowledge and
information and encourage them, individually and collectively, to
achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality.
• WHW members who desire to offer their products and services to other
members shall do so at a minimum ten percent (10%) discount off their
• WHW members shall honor their obligations to other members.
WHW members shall exercise special restraint so as to not propagate
negative stereotypes, and will promote diversity/all-inclusiveness in
their business practices. WHW members shall specifically not
discriminate against other members on the basis of race, age, national
origin, gender or disability.
1. WHW Members shall conduct their professional business activities in a
way that will honor and not bring shame or reproach to Women Helping
Women. Further, members shall treat other members with professional
courtesy, dignity and respect and shall maintain the highest standard of
professional conduct, honesty and personal integrity in all transactions
with other members.
2. WHW members shall at all times avoid the use of unfair competitive
practices and shall not engage in the offer of, nor accept, bribes,
kickbacks, or other unethical inducements.
3. WHW members undertake to never mislead, deceive, dupe, defraud or
victimize other WHW members, and shall always avoid the use of false,
inaccurate or misleading information in their business dealings.
4. WHW members shall accurately represent their (professional)
qualifications and experience in all business activities and
transactions with each other and shall never deliberately exaggerate
5. Members agree to collaborate or enter into a business deal with one
another only after reaching a clear understanding and outline of the
expectations of all of the parties involved and clearly defined areas of
accountability. Members are therefore encouraged to have written
contracts that protect all parties.
6. WHW members shall refrain from gossip and divisive talk.
7. WHW members shall NOT engage in malicious or deliberately inaccurate
criticism of the reputation or work of another member, and shall at all
times, refrain from making false or malicious statements about fellow
8. WHW members shall maintain and respect the confidentiality of
business and/or personal affairs of fellow members, and shall refrain
from disclosing sensitive information about colleagues obtained in the
course of professional service unless disclosure serves a compelling
professional purpose or is required by law.
9. Members shall not infringe on another member or any other person’s
intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any
copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights.
Further, members shall not misrepresent the authorship of work presented
in self-promotion or engage in plagiarism and shall avoid using
materials originated by others, either orally or in writing, without
seeking permission of the originator.
10. WHW members shall use Members' information or any Membership Directory produced by WHW only
in accordance with the purposes for which such information was shared or created – to facilitate
networking and professional contacts for WHW members. Members shall not
duplicate, sell or distribute the contents of any member information or
any membership directory, in
part or in full, under any circumstances.
11. WHW members shall not use the resources, opportunities and access
provided by WHW to solicit business for parties/persons who are not
members of WHW.
12. WHW members shall not use the resources, opportunities and access
provided by WHW to solicit membership for other organizations.
13. WHW members shall not solicit another member's password or other
account information, or allow another member, non-member, or any other
person use their membership card, privileges, password or any
14. WHW members shall make an effort to resolve potential conflicts with
other members as soon as they become evident. Members shall specifically
not harass, abuse, or threaten each other. WHW members who may have a
dispute with another, or other members, shall first try to address that
member directly, to effectuate a resolution and reconciliation. If that
fails, members must contact the WHW Office and submit a written
complaint. The termination of any member’s membership in such situations
is exclusively at the discretion of WHW management.
15. WHW members must contact the WHW office directly to express any
complaints or concerns about the network.
16. WHW members shall not cause any disturbances or instigate any
negative activity within the WHW network. Any such perceived activity
will be considered collusion and will be dealt with accordingly. This
could include termination of membership, as well as pursuing any and all
legal recourse available.
17. WHW reserves the absolute right to cancel or suspend Membership (at
its sole discretion) for any reason
whatsoever. If WHW cancels a members's Membership, it shall refund the
prorated balance of the annual Membership fee for the remainder of the
Membership year paid. Member acknowledges that any and all fees accrued
through the date of Member's cancellation shall have been earned by WHW
and shall not be refunded to Member.
18. WHW reserves the right to amend this Code of Ethics & Conduct at any